All Ride Custom AccuSoft Cushion cover options allow easy access to the foam cushion for simple in-field modifications that save time. In this video short, Joe Bieganek, Orthotist and President of Ride Designs, demonstrates the proper procedures to use should you need to modify an AccuSoft Cushion.
Recently, Ride introduced a new, ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner option for the Ride Custom Back. It has quickly become evident that this new liner is superior in every way to our original composite (Brock®) foam liner. It keeps the sitter even cooler and drier, is easier to clean, and in-field modifications are much more efficient.
In alignment with our mission to use only the very best materials to make Ride cushions and back supports, we will discontinue offering Brock foam on the Ride Custom Back as of May 31, 2021.
Orders for the Ride Custom Back with Brock liner received by the end of business on May 31, 2021 will be fulfilled. Quotes for the Ride Custom Back with Brock foam liner that are open as of June 1, 2021 will be modified — the Brock foam option will be replaced with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner option.
Is there an extra charge for the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner option?
Q: Is the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner heavier than the Brock foam?
A: No, the mesh liner does not add any additional weight to the Ride Custom Back.
Q: How thick is the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
A: 7mm thick. The liner will be wrapped around the edges of the back. There will be no perceptible difference in the back, from the standpoint of the end user, between the original Brock and the new ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner.
Q: Are there other liner options for the Ride Custom Back?
A: Yes, another option is the soft, open-cell polyurethane foam liner, which is a slightly thicker, more forgiving option. An incontinence-proof cover can be ordered for the soft foam liner in place of the breathable spacer fabric cover.
Q. Can I order an incontinence-proof cover as a replacement for the spacer fabric cover with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
A. No, the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner requires use of the spacer fabric cover, however an additional incontinence-proof cover can be ordered to go on top of the spacer fabric cover if needed.
Q. Is the commode back available with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
Q. Is Soft Fit available with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
Q. Is Enhanced Relief available with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
Q. Are Axillary Pads available with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
Q. I used to carve away Brock foam when relief in certain areas was needed. How should I handled these modifications with the ultra-breathable 3D mesh liner?
A. Simply cut out the liner in the areas where relief is needed using a sharp razor knife. Then, pull the cover back over the liner. Done!
Please contact Shelly Young, Product Manager (shelly at ridedesigns.com) with any questions.
Are you familiar with the Ride Custom AccuSoft™ Cushion? Like the firmer Custom 2 Cushion, the AccuSoft is carved to precisely match the client’s shape for superior postural control, improved mobility, and skin protection.
While Ride continues to believe in the benefits of a firm, orthotic mode of support, the AccuSoft Cushion is the result of understanding that there are times when a softer cushion material may be what’s needed. It’s made of soft, open-cell polyurethane foam to create a supple sitting surface.
In cases where additional rigidity is needed to support the lateral thighs, Ride now offers a lateral reinforcement option. Quite different from traditional, industry-standard metal or composite reinforcements, this innovation boosts structural integrity, while using forgiving materials that help reduce the risk of injury to skin and soft tissue.
When the reinforced lateral thigh support option is ordered, ½” of cushion foam will be removed from each lateral thigh support, and the reinforcement material will replace the foam that was removed — without increasing the overall width of the cushion.
If even greater lateral thigh support and control is necessary, we encourage you to consider the Ride Custom 2 Cushion, or contact us to discuss your options.
If you’re utilizing the new bundled pricing option, the reinforced lateral option is included in the AccuSoft Cushion bundled price.
The Ride Custom Back has long been the premier wheelchair seating solution for achieving optimum postural support, balance and control. The original firm, breathable composite foam liner allows for a thin profile and helps to keep the sitter dry and comfortable in virtually any climate.
Then Ride further revolutionized custom molded seating by offering the option of a soft foam insert on the Ride Custom Back. This soft option simply provides a more forgiving user interface with the exacting support of the Custom Back shell.
Always aiming to improve Ride products, we’re excited to announce a third liner option for the Ride Custom Back! Made from ultra-breathable 3D mesh, this liner performs as well as the original composite liner — yet it’s more breathable. While allowing increased air flow, the Ultra-breathable liner retains even less moisture than the original, making it easier to wash and quicker to dry. In-field modifications are a breeze. Even better, there is no additional charge associated with selecting this liner option.
Review all the liner options via video here:
Too much time on your hands? Nope, didn’t think so. We’re very appreciative of the time spent during the process of ordering a Ride Designs custom cushion and back support. Allow us to give you back some of that precious time!
Introducing new bundled package pricing for:
- Ride Custom 2 Cushion
- Ride Custom AccuSoft Cushion
- Ride Custom Back
You now have the option of either 1) requesting an itemized quote or 2) selecting the new, bundled pricing package for your Ride custom cushion or back support. All the most frequently ordered options are conveniently included in the bundled package price.
Choosing the bundled pricing package for your custom cushion or back support means:
- Increased efficiency.
- Funding approval can be requested without having to complete a shape capture and order form.
- The shape capture process and order form completion can be done after authorization has been received, when it’s time to submit a purchase order.
- Avoiding the need for revisions to funding authorizations caused by discrepancies between the initial quote and the actual order.
Here’s the process for ordering a bundled custom product:
- Identify the need for a Ride Custom product.
- Obtain clinical documentation to support the need for the product.
- Request a bundled price quote if a manufacturer’s quote is required by the funding source. (Tip: Ask us to leave client-specific information, like name, off of the quote and utilize the same quote each time the bundled custom product is selected, to submit to the funding source.)
- Obtain funding approval.
- Capture and scan client’s shape and submit to Ride along with a completed, bundled package order form and purchase order.
- Receive your client’s product fast! Ride Custom products ship within 12 business days of receiving a complete purchase order.
- Ride Custom Cushion 2 bundled package
- Choice of standard, firm, or reinforced foam
- Breathable, spacer fabric cover, one layer or two, with or without spandex over spacer fabric
- Bevel cut
- Ventilation channel
- 1″ undercut
- Any cushion width, including tapered
- Any cushion length, including asymmetrical leg lengths
- Any sitting height and height modifications
- Off-loading contour or full contact
- All medial thigh support heights and modifications
- All lateral thigh support heights and modifications
- Reticulated foam well insert kit
- Ride CAM wedge kit
- Orientation Wedge
- Ride Custom AccuSoft Cushion bundled package
- Choice of soft or extra soft foam
- Breathable spacer fabric cover, one layer or two, with or without spandex over spacer fabric
- Incontinence-resistant cover
- All cushion widths
- All cushion lengths, including asymmetrical leg lengths
- All sitting heights and height modifications
- Ride Contour or full contact
- All medial thigh support heights and height modifications
- All lateral thigh support heights and height modifications
- Bevel cut
- 1″ undercut
- Ride CAM wedge kit
- Orientation wedge
- Ride Custom Back bundled package
- Any width up to 24″
- One set of FlexLoc hardware
- 1 set clamp mounts for round back canes
- 1 FlexLoc adapter plate
- Choice of fixed or quick release hardware attachment
- Choice of original firm foam, soft foam, or spacer mesh liner
- Wipeable, incontinence-proof cover for soft foam option only
- Soft fit, center only or complete back
- Universal headrest mounting plate
- Integrated headrest/accessories mount
- Shoulder harness guides, loose or installed
- Enhanced relief
- Extended depth lateral thoracic supports
- Extended back height
Now, get bundled up with Ride and watch your efficiency improve!